Happy Sunday everyone! One thing the weekend really does for me is allow me to catch up on sleep. I can’t believe how tired I am after a long week of classes. For me, getting ready for bed is a relaxing and repetitive process. I happen to be a very light sleeper… Unfortunately, this means I require some very specific and unusual things to sleep soundly and peacefully through the night.
From left to right:
1. Neutrogena face wash.
2. 400 thread count sheets. These are a huge splurge but I hate the feeling of cheap sheets. I found a 20% off Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupon and bought them for under $50.
3. Chapstick, because it’s very dry where I live.
4. An eye mask to block out the 5:00am sunrise.
5. A teddy bear- mine is actually green and his name is Spearamint Bear. Every girl has a favorite stuffed animal :)
6. Dior makeup remover. Again, another splurge but a bottle lasts forever and it leaves your face so soft and manages to remove stubborn eye makeup without feeling oily.
7. A soft throw. It’s still warm here so sometimes I opt for this instead of getting under the comforter since we’re trying to keep the electric bill at under $300 this month…
8. An ipod alarm clock. Mine was under $30 at Target. I like to wake up to “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield.
9. A good book. Reading for a few minutes before I turn off the lamp helps tire my eyes so I sleep better.
Do you have any night time rituals? What habits help you sleep better?