Gifts for the Snow Bunny and the Budding Chef

9 Dec

Apologies again for the bare bones post today… I’m still huddled in the corner of the library meticulously cramming for finals. I have two left and then on Saturday I’ll be hitting up the airport yet again to fly home for vacation! Here are some brief gift ideas for the friend in your life who loves the cold weather (aka, not me) or aspires to be the next Julia Child (aka, double not me.) The top two I actually bought for a friend, although from a gift store warehouse in Texas called Sam Moon where I found both things for about $6 each.

1. Adorable knitted headband/ear warmer, $15, http://www.shopruche.com
2. Fingerless mitten gloves, $9.99, http://www.shopruche.com….. I actually think that these are the greatest trend ever, I can leave them on and type on my smart phone at the same time! I bought myself a pair in black. Whoopsies.
3. Ice cream kitchen timer, $10, http://www.fredflare.com
4. Heart shaped measuring spoons, $7.95, catchingfireflies.com

In case I haven’t emphasized it enough yet on this blog, I absolutely love ice cream. (Hence the name, Love A LA MODE.) Love with ice cream… get it? My two favorite things. When I was little ice cream was the only thing I would eat… I could literally go through a half gallon of Blue Bell in less than a week. I still love a good sundae, even though my sweet tooth definitely doesn’t discriminate against a good froyo or gelato opportunity. Anyway, I really do think that kitchen timer is fantastic. Too bad I can’t honestly say that purchasing it will inspire me to learn to cook… le fail.

What budget friendly items will you be snagging for your pals this holiday season?

Bisous,
Rachel

7 Responses to “Gifts for the Snow Bunny and the Budding Chef”

1. Julie-Inspired December 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

These are great…and put together so nicely! You are really a busy bee…hope you’re getting all you’re shopping done:)

Julie xo

2. Gloria December 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

that ice cream timer is adorable! it’s the perfect little gift for my ice cream addicted best friend :)

3. Kristin December 10, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

I really want to get a cute headband like that for my upcoming NYC trip!

• Rachel December 11, 2010 at 1:36 pm #

It’s fantastic… My favorite thing is they’re wide enough to cover your ears, and so much cuter than most hats!

4. Kaleido Mind December 12, 2010 at 7:32 pm #

the heart-shaped measuring spoons are so cute!!:)

5. bet365 December 15, 2010 at 4:52 am #

Good day I was fortunate to look for your subject in wordpress
    your post is exceptional
    I obtain a lot in your theme really thanks very much

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Robbie - December 16, 2010

I found your entry interesting thus I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)…

I love reading your comments! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,203 other followers