Texas Style Council Conference: Mixer Recap

16 Mar

The first Texas Style Council Conference event I was able to attend was their dance party/mixer at BoConcept in the upscale and trendy 2nd Street District. As soon as my favorite wing woman best friend since kindergarten, Cassie, and I walked in to the beautiful design gallery, we were greeted by sponsors and vendors offering us discounts, raffles, blog opportunities, and some great swag. Our first stop was the Lulu*s table, where we each spun a wheel in hopes of winning a prize. I was out of luck, but Cassie scored a free piece of jewelry and selected a neat gold snake ring. Our next stop was an adorable photo booth by Nathan Russell Photography, complete with silly props. We took some hilarious photos and had so much fun!

Our next stop was the Dismount Creative area where we made a leather business card holder ourselves, it was so easy and only took about 10 minutes!

Then we headed over to the Charming Charlie corner, played a game, and won some free bracelets and a leopard print clutch! We then treated ourselves to free sunglasses from Strut and some great lip gloss courtesy of Wanted. I can’t wait to try out the different colors I selected.

Good company, food, refreshments, and environment all came together to make this little event a hit! Cassie and I had a great time, were introduced to many cool new products, and made lots of new blogger/fashion friends. Later this week I’ll be posting the first in my rundown of the real content of the conference- all the fantastic blogger panels!

Bisous,

Rachel

9 Responses to “Texas Style Council Conference: Mixer Recap”

1. Kristin March 16, 2011 at 10:40 am #

Have I mentioned that I’m jealous? : )

• Rachel March 16, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Aww thanks haha :) I’ll be posting a full rundown of everything I learned at the various panels over the next through weeks… that way everyone can live vicariously, ha!
      Bisous,
      Rachel

2. carrie March 17, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

this is so cool. it sounds like a ton of fun and i love those sunnies on you!!

• Rachel March 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

Thanks that so sweet :) they were free courtesy of Strut.com so of course I snagged them up!
      Bisous,
      Rachel

3. STRUT March 18, 2011 at 11:23 am #

Hi Rachel, thanks for mentioning us! Glad you found some sunglasses you liked!

• Rachel March 19, 2011 at 1:39 am #

You’re welcome! Thanks for helping put the weekend together!
      Bisous,
      Rachel

4. Charming Charlie March 18, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

Thanks Rachel for featuring Charming Charlie in your blog!! We have added your blog to our blog mentions page on our website. It’s a page we created exclusively for showcasing Charming Charlie blog mentions!

• Rachel March 19, 2011 at 1:39 am #

Oh wow, how sweet! I enjoyed interacting with your representatives so much over the weekend!
      Bisous,
      Rachel

5. Lauren March 19, 2011 at 1:13 am #

those chalkboards are fantabulous! :)

I love reading your comments! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,203 other followers