Art School Confidential

25 Jul

DON’T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY FOR AN ONLINE SHOPPING SPREE FROM ZESTII! CLICK HERE
**********************************************************************

On Wednesday I admitted to being a self-professed art nerd. There are many forces at work to blame for this wonderful self-truth, such as my mother, my hippie pre-school, the various fine arts majors I’ve acquired in college; but I like to think that there is a much larger entity responsible for my love of weird art… my hometown of Austin, Texas. Here are some random art-y things that I’ve been noticing coming out of Austin recently. If you appreciate urban art and other odd creative ventures, you will probably enjoy these images :)

1. Yarn Bombing. An Austin local, street name Knitta Please, is largely responsible for bringing this international movement stateside. The movement aims to beautify urban and city areas by leaving colorful knit tags around buildings, statues, and other fun things.

2. Play Me I’m Yours. Throughout the summer, you can see Luke Jerram’s decorated pianos around the city. Beautiful in sight and sound! Click here for images and locations of all the pianos around Austin.

3. Two other oldies but goodies that represent classic Austin.

I’m actually back in Austin this week to spend some much needed time with the fam before I head back to school. I can’t believe summer flew by so fast…. What are you up to this week?

Bisous,
Rachel

7 Responses to “Art School Confidential”

1. Carrie July 25, 2011 at 5:09 am #

I want to yarn bomb my neighborhood!! Specifically my deck…I think it could be terrifically boho.

xo,
    C

2. Emily July 25, 2011 at 10:59 am #

Wow! Really neat photos you’ve posted here. Have a charming day.

Emily http://www.mywordsinterestslife.blogspot.com

3. Kristin July 25, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

I lived in DC when they put up the painted donkeys and elephants everywhere. They were awesome!

4. Katya July 26, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

I wish they had done something like this in Toronto! Way cool!

thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

5. Lauren July 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm #

Those pictures are great I love all the colors!!!

6. Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) July 28, 2011 at 12:53 am #

I go to school in Austin so I definitely love this post! Glad I found your blog :)

7. Vasare July 31, 2011 at 7:53 am #

sooo creative!

I love reading your comments! :)

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,203 other followers